Event Day: Saturday
Location: Ross Castle
Event Times: Saturday 3.30pm
Event Duration: 2 hr
Event Price: €35
Ross Castle Evening Sun Kayak Tour
Discover the hidden beauty of the Lakes of Killarney with a gentle kayak adventure exploring the incredible history of Ross Castle and experiencing the lake’s unique wild nature. This mesmerising kayak tour is the best way to experience the Lakes of Killarney and offers you a real unique insight into the historical importance of Ross Castle.
We will also delve into how its surrounding landscape was formed and observe its beautiful nature close at hand. What to bring – Pair of trainers you don’t mind getting wet, Swimwear to use underneath wetsuit, No cotton clothing to be worn as these items of clothing will hold water and may accelerate chances of hypothermia, Towel, spare clothes and shoes for after activity, Food and water e.g. snacks, water (1 litre approximately).
- Participants are encouraged to consider using the sustainable bus transport provided from Festival Base-Camp to the event location. A one-day or weekend bus-pass is available for purchase as an add-on to the event ticket for participants wishing to avail of this bus. Please see https://wanderwildfestival.com/bus-schedule/ for bus schedule details.
- Wander Wild Festival works with selected local outdoor service providers to deliver our outdoor activities. In order to participate in these activities, participants will be required to provide information about those participating in the event and to comply with the service provider’s terms and conditions.
- Professional and experienced guides
- Kayak equipment
- Photos of your experience
- Discover the Lakes of Killarney
- Experience the fun of kayaking
- Learn about the history of Ross castle
- Gaze out upon spectacular scenery
- Experience nature close at hand
WHAT TO BRING
- Pair of trainers you don’t mind getting wet
- Swimwear to use underneath wetsuit
- Towel, spare clothes and shoes for after activity
- Water (500ml approx)
- No cotton clothing to be worn