Event Day: Friday
Location: Cronin’s Yard
Event Provider: The Reeks Guiding Company
Event Time: 9.30am - 3.30pm
Event Duration: 6.5 hr
Event Price: €50
Summit of Carrauntoohil via The Devil’s Ladder
6 hrs, 12km. The direct ascent route to the summit of Carrauntoohil. It offers panoramic views of the MacGillycuddy’s Reeks for your enjoyment.
Climbing Carrauntoohil is a challenging day out with a good choice of routes to the Summit. We offer local experienced mountain guides. During your climb, we will share local knowledge and information on this truly spectacular place along with encouragement and guidance during your ascent of Ireland’s highest peak. Climbing Carrauntoohil requires a good level of fitness. You will require suitable footwear and clothing, a packed lunch and be ready for an adventure!
- Participants are encouraged to consider using the sustainable bus transport provided from Festival Base-Camp to the event location. A one-day or weekend bus-pass is available for purchase as an add-on to the event ticket for participants wishing to avail of this bus. Please see our bus schedule for details.
- Wander Wild Festival works with selected local outdoor service providers to deliver our outdoor activities. In order to participate in these activities, participants will be required to provide information about those participating in the event and to comply with the service provider’s terms and conditions.
Safety and environmental concerns:
- Caution is advisable on all mountain terrain.
- Walking boots and rain gear are advisable as weather can be unpredictable.
- The walking trail can be wet and slippery after heavy rainfall, caution advised.
- As this is private land and clients must adhere to Country Code, no dogs, no litter.
- We adhere to the “Leave No Trace” anti-litter and environmental protection campaign.
- It is advisable to carry extra layers/clothing for this walk particularly on summit.
- Hats and gloves are advisable all year round. No Jeans
- Water, food and snacks are important.