Event Day: Saturday/SUNDAY
Location: Croinins Yard
Event Provider: The Reeks Guiding Company
Event Time: Saturday 9.00am/ Sunday 9.30am
Sunday Transport: Sunday 8.30 Bus Departs from Killarney Basecamp (Plaza Hotel), 9.30am Start from Cronin's Yard
Event Duration: 4-5 hr
Event Price: €45
Mountain Hike to The Lost Sky Train
A Guided Hike to the location of the 1943 Crash of USAAF Dakota on Cnoc na Péiste. With the view of Carrauntoohil, Irelands highest peak, in sight, we will go off the beaten track and visit the site of The Lost SkyTrain, a less know peak in the MacGillicuddy’s Reeks, where five Americans lost their lives during World War Two. You will be guided by a local professional guiding company, who will captivate you with the history of the local area. A good level of fitness is required.
1. Participants are encouraged to consider using the sustainable bus transport provided from Festival Basecamp to the event location. A one-day or weekend bus-pass is available for purchase as an add-on to the event ticket for participants wishing to avail of this bus. Please see https://wanderwildfestival.com/bus-schedule/ for bus schedule details.
2. Wander Wild Festival works with selected local outdoor service providers to deliver our outdoor activities. In order to participate in these activities, participants will be required to provide information about those participating in the event and to comply with the service provider’s terms and conditions.
Safety and environmental concerns:
Caution is advisable on all mountain terrain.
• Walking boots and rain gear are advisable as weather can be unpredictable.
• The walking trail can be wet and slippery after heavy rainfall, caution advised.
• As this is private land and clients must adhere to Country Code, no dogs, no litter.
• We adhere to the “Leave No Trace” anti-litter and environmental protection campaign.
• It is advisable to carry extra layers/clothing for this walk particularly on summit.
• Hats and gloves are advisable all year round. No Jeans
• Water, food and snacks are important.